the ramblings of a wayward romantic...

These are my personal moments, ideas, thoughts and insanities placed for everyone to see. This blog is my own personal forever, frozen in this digital medium for all eternity, or 'til this site exists...

Saturday, August 12, 2006

...rainy days and saturdays always get me down...

....breathe in....

...After getting lost in Fort Bonifacio, walking about 6 wide blocks, and getting drenched in cold rain, I must say that this has been an interesting day for me. I guess not everyone has the opportunity to experience things like those. And so I say, I am truly blessed. No sarcasm, mind you. I am just thankful to have had a trip down memory lane and saw the sculpture of Mr. Gerry Leonard (a visual arts instructor at makiling) when I was lost. the piece made me reminiscent, since we performed in front of it, at its unveiling 7 years ago when I was still in 2nd year high school.

...Just a little bit pissed that a client of mine was haggling to lower my quotation for the clothes for her wedding entourage, putting much stress on the fact that she was cheated on by a friend, leaving her P300, 000 poorer. Yes, I am a very kind person and I do understand her situation and sympathize with her but I know I give one of the lowest designer wedding entourage packages and repeating the fact that she was swindled was simply unethical. I know I'm not that good with putting a price on my talent,. but I sure do know when I'm being cheated on. Ho hum...Rarely do I rant like this regarding money matters, payments and honorariums but I'm actually saddened by the fact that many people neglect the fact that designers work hard to give you a design concept sewn and created for your use and flaunting. Some of them think we just lay dresses out of our butts or just puke it out. Designers sit down with you and think of interesting garment concepts, go to suppliers, coordinate with beaders and sewers, take your measurements, deliver clothes, make sure that your dress fits you. And sometimes they sew your gown personally and embellish it. All of these are the things that a designer does, just to make sure that it looks good on you. So, the next time you want to lower an already low quotation for your dress, try thinking about making it yourself or better yet, just make it yourself cheapskates. Just so you get the feeling.
Ho hum...
Pardon the bitch talking. It's been a rough day, and cutting people some slack is something I do everyday and ranting isn't, so for now....I rant.
...breathe out...
p.s ( On another note, I'll be presenting my design concepts for PETA's Don_Q on monday, meeting for another client's wedding and preparing for the Makiling Ensemble pictorial that's happening very soon...)
p.s ng p.s ( Just a little bit sad that someone didn't want to see me today, even though we were in the same vicinity. Call me petty, but I guess it just makes me think that I shouldn't have put the idea inside your head and pop those questions the other night on Ym. ho hum...In the words of Travis, "Why does it always rain on me?" )
p.s ng p.s ng p.s ( Trust me I don't have an idea whatsoever.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home