the ramblings of a wayward romantic...

These are my personal moments, ideas, thoughts and insanities placed for everyone to see. This blog is my own personal forever, frozen in this digital medium for all eternity, or 'til this site exists...

Saturday, June 10, 2006

...old poems for such a new chapter...

After a tiring day, meeting with Kuya Cris and Neomi, picking clothes for Che, and taking measurements for Makiling Ensemble, I suddenly find myself in front of a computer here at netopia shopwise and still a bit lost from the things that happened today.
At 8 am, I find myself awakened by machine gun texts from one of Ate Kris' friends whom will be having her wedding in December. At 2pm, I am surprised to see another of Ate Kris's friends texting me telling me that she's looking for a designer for her May wedding next year. I suddenly find myself smiling at the thought that job opportunities are currently falling from the heavens and landing onto my lap. The only thing that's not falling from the heavens is the one guy that I'd like to spend the rest of my life with, aka Prince Charming.
Ho hum.
Don't get me wrong, I guess I'm being ushered into the real world even before I graduate. Add the fact that I have a business meeting with Arsi Baltazar for his brand, Njork, on Tuesday. I'm still having a difficult time taking it all in, as everything is happening at a very fast pace. Sometimes I run out of breath.
Minsan tuloy, iniisip ko na magiging manang na lang talaga ako habambuhay. And all I'll have is this work. no time for lovin, I guess. Well, to break the work theme, I've decided to post a few poems from the past and hopefully they'll capture the bird of solitude that sings upon my bed at night.
Here they are.

ang ritwal ng paghuhugas ng pinggan
(ngayong basag ako at natututong lumaya)
ni santi obcena

nangilid sa aking mga mata
ang mga luhang naghintay ng ilang araw
para bumulwak ng tuluyan
tulad ng
ulan
sa labas
sa sulok ng silid ay
tumawag ng pansin ang
mga pinggang
naghintay rin at nangulila
nagmamantika
nagsesebo
iniipis
at
nalamatan na
tulad ng puso ko.

kaya't dahan-dahang
pinihit ang gripo
sabay dampot ng
scotchbrite at joy
at nagsimula ang proseso ng pagkuskos
sa lahat ng mga alaala ng
pira-pirasong pizza nung huling party ng barkada
tirang gin-pomelo
sa pitsel na bulaklakin nang matutunan mong 'di patas ang mundo
spaghetti sauce
sa mga mangkok at tinidor nung
atakihin tayon ng lumbay, isang gabi
chocolate cake sa ilang platito at pinggang kinainan
kanina lamang
ilang hagod lang at unti-unting bumitaw
ang sebo't mantika
sa ilang patak ng joy
at luha.

sa ilang saglit
nabura ko na rin ang lahat
pangungulila
at pait ng pamamaalam
sa 'yong mga salita.
*for my little prince, who made all of my stars laugh and cry at the same time...and i, the fox who cries because you have tamed me. *

dearest passenger
santi obcena
i have never seen your face
again
after that fateful day on the train
you
chose this
endless ride to anonymity,
while i
settled for a life in the sun
the twisted light
reminds me of the laughter
you once held in your palms
then you said to me
drink from this fountain
that spurts forth this uncontainable happiness
from your lips
the fool,
unable to resist the urge
fell for the trick
and currently suffers the consequences
then you
push me off the train
leaving me
alone on the platform filled with faceless men
and women
while
you, on the other hand
sped off into an artificial sunset
with your self-righteous world.
happiness is such an underrated word.
mahal
santi obcena
ilang guhit
sa braso
ang katumbas ng
paglimot sa 'yo
ilang basang
panyo at unan
ang kailangang iyakan
upang ang iyong imahe'y
matangay na ng ulan
ilang maghapon
ang bubunuing
nakatanaw sa mga
panganorin
bubulwak
ang mga alaala
kasabay ng pag-agos
ng dugo at luha
kasabay ng pag
tik tak tik tak
ng relo
kasabay ng pag-ihip ng hangin
at pagsayaw ng mga dahon sa himpapawid
isang hapon
ay titingala ka rin
sa langit
at huhugot ng isang
alaala mula
sa baul ng kahapon
at muli kang babalik sa mga bisig ko
mananatili ako
sa saglit na iyon
at 'di na aalis
papailanlang ka't
tatangayin
ng bukangliwayway
nang sa paggising
ko'y
bura na ang bakas
ng alaala
mo sa aking
panagimpan.

"for even if your happiness lies not in my arms, my heavens shall abide..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home